Friday, July 24, 2009

Thanks?

Heather and I ate dinner at an authentic Mexican restaurant north of Pittsburgh the other night. We hadn’t been there is a while and once we started eating we wondered why. Excellent food. As our time there was about to end, a person of importance approached us. He appeared to be an owner or manger or maybe someone who wanted to be. Not sure. Anyway, he came to our table, looked deep into my eyes and asked if everything was okay. I assured him it was with a knowing nod and the following statement: yes. He then stepped toward me, as if to leave, and gently placed his left hand on the left side of my chest, held it for a beat and withdrew it. It wasn’t actually a slap. And it wouldn’t be fair to call it a rub. It was just… odd. My eyes then met Heather’s and we smiled and she said, “Friendly place.” Indeed.

No comments: