Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Height Fluctuation


Height consistency is not something I strive for in life, but it tends to happen. I’m not that tall (5’8”) but I am comfortable with my view of the world. And everyday my view is pretty much the same. I have one pair of shoes that nudges me up a little and my flip flops are pretty flat, but it’s mostly the same height day after day.

Women have a different experience, I believe. Depending on the day, or the heel, women can give you a whole different look. I am taller than many of the women in our office…some days. Other days…not so much. I have a good three inches on my wife, except at church once in awhile. Sometimes, one of my co-worker’s can look noticeably shorter. Other days, noticeably taller. I don’t comment on it either way. For over a year, I thought one female colleague was taller than I was. Then one Friday she wore those ballerina-slipper shoes. Turns out it was the shoes.

2 comments:

Michael Hoff said...

You're very consistent that way. And I think the woman of whom you speak is JM.

Dave said...

Thank you, Michael. I have to keep everything confidential.